First Baptist Church of Baltimore located on Sharp & Lombard Streets, Baltimore, Maryland in 1800s.
The First Baptist Church of Baltimore was located at several different sites. Members of Hartford County Baptist Church purchased land located at North Front and East Fayette Streets (current Shot Tower) as the original site of First Baptist Church of Baltimore Town. The church moves to Lombard and Sharp Streets known as the “Old Round Top”. The congregation later relocates to Lafayette and Freemont Avenue, and existing location at 4200 Liberty Heights Avenue, Gwynn Oak, Maryland.
The First Baptist Church of Baltimore was built in 1773 on the corner of North Front and Fayette streets where the Phoenix Shot Tower currently is located. Baptist members in town erect the first permanent meeting house with a dwelling for pastor, school house and established a cemetery. The congregation of First Baptist Church of Baltimore Town later moves to 4200 Liberty Heights Avenue, Gwynn Oak-Forest Park area of northwest Baltimore.